Spring is officially here. The grass is beginning to change from brown to green, flowers are starting to bloom and spring rains will be here before you know it. The Spring rains are needed and brings about growth. At the same time rain can be unpredictable and can cause water damage to our homes. Basements can be a prime area for water leaks.
Keeping Water Out Of Your Basement
• Downspout extensions should be at least 6 feet long, and the water should be directed away from your house.
• All surfaces surrounding the house should be graded properly to direct water away from the foundation. This includes the lawn and driveway.
• Gutters should be clear of debris.
• Window wells should be sealed tightly to the foundation. The well should be filled with gravel, not dirt, and it should be 6 inches to 18 inches in depth.
• Make sure if your sump pump is working and that it's discharging water away from the house.
Portion taken from: Rick Barrett
Should you ever find yourself in need of our Emergency Restoration Services please call us at 719-574-2789 or 719-434-4626
SERVPRO® of South Colorado Springs and SERVPRO® of Northern Colorado Springs/Tri-Lakes – We help to make it "Like it never even happened."
Colorado Springs Experts in Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration, Water and Fire Cleanup and Restoration.