If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (719) 574-2789

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Hard Lesson Learned When Bacon Unattended in Colorado Springs

7/5/2017 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Hard Lesson Learned When Bacon Unattended in Colorado Springs Cooking food on the stove, especially with grease, should never be left unattended. Call SERVPRO to remediate after an accident.

SERVPRO's Quick Response to Your Emergency Gets Your Family Back into Their Morning Routine

Weekend mornings are busy times for families. Preparing for sports, outings, and work around the home requires a hearty breakfast. Unexpected events during the cooking of the morning meal sometimes draw the home chef away, with catastrophic results. If a grease fire brings your day to a halt, SERVPRO is ready to take charge of a seamless restoration.
 
You know bacon should not be left to fry on its own, but a bang and a scream in the family room pulls you away to settle the bickering between a couple of your children. The meat sputters, and grease ignites. As you rush back, you are greeted with a stovetop in flames. A chemical fire extinguisher snuffs the blaze, but the greasy smoke and soot already coats every surface in the kitchen and floats throughout the house. Call us before you exacerbate the situation because grease fire damage in your Colorado Springs home requires a professional cleanup.
 
Our SERVPRO crews arrive at your grease fire with years of experience and training in abating this type of disaster. We have the equipment, tools, and know-how to restore your home “Like it never even happened.” The crew member in charge assesses the damage, and the team gets to work. Burned cooking vessels and their contents go in a disposal bag. We evaluate the soot coating the surfaces to determine if it wipes away with one of our spray cleaners or if abrasive techniques must be used carefully. Then the work begins.
 
We know how smoke and soot move during a fire, and how chemicals used to extinguish it impact the cleanup. Expect us to inspect for hidden damage in cabinets, on window coverings, and in areas far from the fire, as ash and soot float freely. Window blinds receive an immersion cleaning; curtains bundle up for a trip to the laundry or dry cleaners. Hard, nonporous surfaces scrub clean, upholstery and carpeting undergo deep vacuuming unless the soot is too sticky. Walls and ceilings need cleaning following the proper protocol our techs learned in industry approved certification courses.
 
Odors may linger, and our team works with you and your perception of smoky smells to eliminate this final evidence that a grease fire occurred. Professional deodorizing sprays can take care of the problem, but we also offer thermal fogging in persistent cases, the deodorizing compound combusting in a heated chamber that recreates the fire conditions, the better to neutralize the smell.
 
SERVPRO of South Colorado Springs is familiar with efficient grease fire damage restoration, ready to transform a sooty mess back to your kitchen fast. Call (719) 574-2789 to have a crew of recovery experts scheduled to abate smoke, soot, charring and other harm at your home.

For more information regarding Colorado Springs, click here

Other News

View Recent Posts