Car catches fire, home up in flames
A fire story does not get much more unusual than this. The owner of this house arrived home and parked in his garage as usual. One of the break pads on the vehicle was malfunctioning and started on fire AFTER the driver parked the car and went inside.
The flames caught the car on fire and soon the garage went up afterward. The fire department was able to put out the fire before the home burned to a total loss, but you can see the catastrophic damage to the garage area.
This fire remediation project first required a boardup to protect the homeowner's belongings in the salvaged part of the house from thieves.
The homeowner had to file two claims, one for the auto damage and one for the home damage even though the car was the cause of the fire.