Fire Damage – Colorado Springs Home
Fire damage at this Colorado Springs house began in the electrical wiring of an overhead light in the kitchen. As the photo shows, there was significant damage to the kitchen, ceiling, and attic above. The owners of the home were very distressed as the nerve center of their home had been disabled by the fire. They were very interested in a swift, professional solution to their problem. When SERVPRO of South Colorado Springs is called in on a project such as this, the first thing they provide after an initial assessment of the damage is an action plan outlining the steps involved in the restoration of the property. The family along with their insurance adjuster were very pleased with the plan. Our crews would be required to tear out all of the damaged building materials and debris. All of this would need to be disposed of properly. There would be water damage cleanup from the firefighting effort that would be performed. A drying phase would be required for all the areas affected by the water from the firefighting effort. Commercial air movers and dehumidifiers would be used to aid the drying process. An antimicrobial substance would be used to thwart any potential mold growth in the future.