WOW!! Another Colorado Springs Business Is Back in Business with SERVPRO's Fast Flood Cleanup and Restoration Service
Addressing Retail Commercial Flood Damage in Colorado Springs
Colorado business owners need to be wary of the damage that storms, flooding, and other water-related hazards can do to their business. Not only do these disasters cause structural damage, but it can turn your facilities into a breeding ground for mold, foul odors, and other damages.
If you need cleanup services for commercial flood damage in your Colorado Springs storefront, there is a team that can help. SERVPRO technicians work with you and insurance adjusters to ensure that all cleanup is done to code and in compliance with your coverage. Flooding can be very costly for many businesses, but SERVPRO's mitigation techniques and technologies focus on restoration and preservation when it is safe to do so. Whether you have some damage to flooring or need extensive cleanup, this is a team that can handle the job.
Protecting Your Business
While flooding frequently carries contaminants that can affect the safety of preserving inventory and other items, here are some preventive measures your business can take to minimize damage in the event of storm damages or standing water in your storefront:
- If your business has a basement, make sure to seal cracks, extend downspouts, and adjust landscaping so that water flows away from your building.
- Install a battery-powered pump to mitigate minor flooding.
- Keep important documents, equipment, and inventory in an off-site location or at a higher elevation to minimize exposure to water.
- An effective temporary solution: use a waterproof sealant to protect foundation cracks, flooring, and framing joints from damage.
- Consider installing a waterproof membrane around the foundation perimeter and implementing a drainage system to protect your property more thoroughly.
SERVPRO Can Save the Day
When flooding occurs, it can bring plenty of contaminants with it, so SERVPRO focuses on extraction, disinfection, and then drying. The extraction must be thorough to facilitate clean, swift drying that preserves structures and prevents the proliferation of microbes, mold, and other potential issues. Portable extractors can handle water accumulation in hard-to-reach places, and use a combination of heating, pump, and vacuum systems to eliminate water. If there are more than two inches of standing water in your store, submersible pumps can be used to gather and remove it from the premises. If your facility requires mold cleanup after a disaster, this team possesses a mold remediation license (#118604), so you can enjoy professional-grade cleanup from a reliable team.
SERVPRO of South Colorado Springs is Faster to Any Size Disaster, so you can get back to doing great work for the community. Call (719) 574-2789 today to have a team at your home within hours.